Sunday 14 October 2012

Kalbarri


4.10.12  Thursday     We’re at Murchison Caravan Park in Kalbarri, getting up close and cosy with the people on either side of us because the sites are so small.  Steve said last night that if they were any closer they’d be in bed with us.  I have to say that being so close to people is a tad inhibiting, we can hear them speaking and snoring so they can hear us. 

We leave here on Friday and will be free camping now until we get home on the 14th October.

2.10.2012   Tuesday.  The flies are terrible.  I’m sitting here typing with a fly net over my head.  Steve keeps making facetious comments but I’m not laughing.  The alternative is go inside but I don’t want to do that.

A family has just approached us from Thornlie and I thought they were going to ask about Cystic Fibrosis but she wanted to talk about the caravan as they’re upgrading their pop-top into a larger one with a shower and toilet.

We’ve been parked at Galena Bridge ,#444 in Camp 6 since yesterday morning.  We were going to have a night at Water tank rest area  #445 but the flies there were even worse than here and there was a lot of broken bottles and cans around the place.  We were at Nerren Nerren, #446 the night before and ran into a couple who’d been at Shark Bay.  He explained a few things about the satellite dish to Steve.  We just cannot get a signal and now Steve knows why.  More expense I’m afraid.  I really feel ripped off by iTech who we bought the gear from.  Their after sales service is non existant.

This 24 hour stop is at the side of the river, which is home to black swans, both adults and youngsters.  We watched them yesterday afternoon: One adult was keeping an eye on two little ones which didn’t seem to want to be with the rest of them.  It was quite funny how the littlies kept swimming away from the adult.

Steve took a photo of a lizard yesterday, which was sitting on Timmy’s cushion, and I’ve just seen another one running towards me, and then veering off to go underneath the caravan.  Lizards don’t bother me, snakes do but we’ve not seen any of them.

It’s nice and peaceful; when we got here at about 10.00 yesterday morning there were three caravans.  By the time we went to bed there  were approximatelyt 30.
 I’ve read about ‘Cuddlers’ which are people who get as close as they can to other caravans and we experienced it last night with a family in a motorhome.  We always leave what we think is a suitable distance between other caravans and this motorhome squeezed, yes squeezed, into the space between us.  Talk about being inhibited.  As Steve said, we could hear them so they could hear us, so I put my favourite playlist on to drown them out.  Don’t know if they appreciated some of the songs and classical pieces but I really didn’t care.

There’s only five of us left now.  The people behind us are waiting for a space at Kalbarri, we move there tomorrow for two nights.


Steve disappeared inside the caravan and when he came out he’d made scones for morning tea.  What would I do without him.  He’s the most special person to me, takes care of me in every way, complains about it but smiles when he’s doing it.


What do I give him in return?  I think you know………..


I think the floppy foot is getting better.  It’s not healing fast but I’m sure there’s more movement in it.  I wonder if I should have another nerve condition test done to see if I’m kidding myself or there is in fact something going on but the test is so painful, really really painful.  It’s a decision I’m not going to take lightly and I wouldn’t have it done until January anyway which will be 12 months since the damage occurred.  The orthopaedic surgeon said it would be 18 months and 12 months is 2/3 of the way but if there wasn’t a significant improvement or even none at all which means I’m fooling myself I’d be devastated.  It’s the thought that ‘one day’ I’m going to be able to walk like a normal person that keeps me going.

This trip has been so much more than the last one when I was only two weeks after having my right hip replaced.  I was unable to walk anywhere, getting in and out of bed was so painful, getting into the caravan and truck was like climbing a mountain but this time it’s been great because everything is healed (apart from Floppy).  I still don’t walk anywhere, Steve goes off a few times a day with Timmy and I read my Kindle.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment