Saturday 16 August 2014

out of order post - Lake Argyle

Typed this up from 1 July and Steve asked if I'd written about Lake Argyle.  I didn't realise I hadn't put it onto here because he has a movie to put on.


So, we expected the solar panels from DW Imports to be delivered to Big4 at Kununurra by, do you know, I’ve forgotten.  It’s been a real comedy of errors.

Warren sent them from Sydney to Kununurra but the last time we had Internet I checked the courier’s site and they’d been signed for in Perth.  I wonder why they would send them to Perth, when surely it’s quicker to send them to Darwin?  My geography has never been up to much so I’m assuming they went via Perth because it’s the same state.

Anyway, they have yet to turn up.    (got them now)

We’ve spent the last few days at Lake Argyle Resort.  Beautiful place, friendly knowledgeable staff, wifi hotspot.  What more could you want?  I would like comprehensive Internet access and Virgin mobile phone reception.  There’s supposed to be a wifi hotspot opposite where we’re parked but going by the number of people wandering around looking for it, including us, there’s none available.  Steve managed a few minutes at 6.30am this morning.  This means I’m unable to find out where those panels are unless I get up when the birds start singing and that is very unlikely.





We go back to Kununurra on Thursday, full Internet and phone reception there.  If the panels haven’t been delivered we’ll see about getting them sent onto Darwin.  Steve said to send them to Louisa’s.  Since we don’t know when we’re going home I see no point in doing that.

Ooohh, we’re really getting into Game of Thrones.  Steve has had it for ages and has watched a few episodes whilst I was reading but we’ve both started watching it and are onto series 2 within a week.   (Watched all of the series now)

We’ve done at least six loads of washing; our machine takes only 3.5 kgs.  I usually wash one queen-size sheet and one pillowcase so you can see how it takes a few loads to get everything done.  We were down to only a few pairs of knickers each before we started washing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment