Thursday 20 September 2012

Cystic Fibrosis Awareness


When we were at the shops yesterday we bought some meat from the butcher and the (extremely tasty) young guy said that my tattoo looked interesting so I took advantage and explained about Cystic Fibrosis.  Some times that’s all it needs, just a spark of interest and if he comes across it again perhaps he’ll remember this old bird and her tatts.


Just to clarify:  The red rose to the left is the 65 rose. The red 'c' and black 'f' stand for Cystic Fibrosis.    The triangle is the symbol for 'Delta'., therefore Delta F508.

Delta F508 is the gene that I carry and passed onto Beth who in turn passed it onto Paige.  To be unfortunate enough to get C.F. you need this gene from each parent.  Paige's gene is 
DoubleDelta F508. 

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea if you still actively working this blog but I love your tattoo. My husband has CF and DF508 happens to be his gene.. I've been going bonkers trying to decide how I wanted to incorporate his gene in with a rose yet, you did it, beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment