Wednesday 28 May 2014

A bit further

Steve has been hysterically funny these past few days; we were enjoying the sunshine and two old guys and their wives pulled in.  The boys got out and moseyed on over to us.  They stood back looking at the car and caravan and asked was it a 24 footer so we said yes and one of them asked did the car pull it.  Steve told me later he wanted to say that Timmy had started out as a husky with great pulling power and had shrunk because he’d done such a good job getting the caravan so far but at the time he was very polite and said yes, there were no problems.  He heard them later still talking about us.



When we had the Jayco we had 2 solar panels fitted and we had 180 watts of power going into the battery.  The battery was always showing green which meant it was healthy.  When we got this new ‘van it came with 80 watts of power, we didn’t know how much or how little we would use but it seems that 80 is not enough.  By the end of the day the battery will be flashing red, which means it’s low so we’ve had to rethink our use of power.

I own up to using a lot of power charging up my iPad, which is what I’ve been using to read on. As well, I like to keep in touch with Louisa and Beth to find out how everyone is and I do this through Viber, which is a free program where you type and I can read it when we have Internet cover to catch up.

I swapped my Kindle with Yvonne for a gel nail polish kit; my nails are so soft that I find using gel polish protects them.  I wasn’t using the Kindle because most of the books I read are in iBooks and I couldn’t read them on the Kindle because they use different operating systems.  I charge up the iPad every couple of hours and the Kindle lasts for at least 4 weeks so we decided I’ll get another kindle and I found a program that converts books so that I can read them on the Kindle.

Louisa sent me a new Kindle along with the Cystic Fibrosis hoodies.  The Kindle  is charged and I’ve transferred the books into it.  I’m now able to read without always looking at the power that’s left because it should last approximately four weeks before it needs recharging.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment