Wednesday 28 May 2014

more to say

25 May 2014

Because we wanted to charge everything up and fill up with water we spent 4 days at Big4 in Carnarvon.  They had a special which was 4 nights but pay for 3.  I should have done it on the internet because it would have cost $114.00 I think and because I booked it in the office we had to pay $120.00 but we loaded everything up and it was here that Steve broke his very expensive reclining chair.  Personally I don’t like them, as I can’t get them to recline with being short.  He decided to make the broken one into a bed for Timmy and that took him 2 days.  Timmy hopped on as soon as it was finished but I think he prefers to lay on the ground.



Our Cystic Fibrosis hoodies arrived on Friday, they’re going to be warm and also to do with C.F. we had some stickers done for the caravan.  The large one on the previous caravan was originally priced at $600.00.  The guy who actually did it in Mandurah charged only $100.00 because his niece has C.F. 

We have 2 on this new caravan, one at the front and one at the back and they cost $205.00.  Not happy Jan.  I don’t mind putting money into the country people pockets but this guy really saw us coming.  I should have told him not to bother especially as someone on the Caravaners Forum said he’d do them for $50.00 all up.  We just fannied and farted around and should have got ourselves into gear and got them before we left Perth.  They’re done now, they could look better and I think I’ll see if I can get some roses for down the sides of the van.  It doesn’t have much in the artwork line.



We’re at Lyndon River (West) on the Minilya-Exmouth Road.  We pulled in yesterday and are staying tonight as well while Steve rests his back.  Its so bad that I got up at 6.00am this morning to take Timmy for a wee walk.  I was gone for 15 minutes.  Then I got back into bed and we didn’t wake up until 10.00am.  I haven’t been up at that time for years but the poor lad is in great pain.  I’m ministering to all of his needs, he’s looked after me often enough and its payback time.

I’ve read some brilliant books recently: 

The Consequences series by Aleatha Romig has just gotten better with each book.  

Jodie Ellen Malpas has written the This Man series, loved each one.

Tara Sivec changes the content like the wind.  She’s done series stuff and the most hilarious Chocolate series.

DD Lorenzo’s ‘Depth of Emotion’ gave me something to think about.

Janet Elizabeth Henderson is an easy read, I’ve read two of hers and I’m waiting for one called ‘Goody Two Shoes’ I think its called.

Christina Lauren is two ladies and their Beautiful Bastard series is really good.  They’ve just released ‘Sweet Filthy Boy’, I wasn’t too sure about the title but the book is lovely.

I have to mention Julia A Richman who wrote the ‘Searching for Moore’ books.  I sent Julie a message telling her how much I appreciated that her books aren’t about college girls and their problems.  Julie’s books are for grown ups and if you read them you will smile, laugh and then cry.  Then there’s a bit of shouting.  There’s an offshoot coming and I know I’m not the only one waiting for it.

J.L. Berg has done the Ready series and there’s another one coming out soon.

K Bromberg also gets a word because of her Driven trilogy.  Who can forget this?

Mimi Strong introduced me to Peaches Munroe, I love this girl.  She’s not slim and sylph-like, she’s just gorgeous and the books about her life enthralled me.

‘Hey there Delilah’ is written by Andria Large and M.D. Saperstein


I’m not giving the content of these books, I think they’re all really good reads, have a look on Amazon to get the opinion of other readers.  I’ve left mine on some of them but I don’t see the point of almost rewriting the book which is what some of the reviewers do so my comments are short and to the point.

 I type up this blog into a Word document then upload it when we have internet cover so please bear that in mind when you're reading it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment