Wednesday 30 May 2012


Apologies everyone, for being slack.  We’re on Day 3 and there are lots to report.  We had three nights at Willowbrook Farm in Gingin where we met some lovely people.  Two of them, Karen and her husband Peter had bought a few days before a retro van for $6000.00.  It weighs in at 600kg and is so cute, two single beds, a wardrobe, sink and small cooker.  It’s about 3 metres long.  When we got talking to them we were surprised to hear that in with the $6000.00 there was a 1989 Range Rover included and they rocked up at Willowbrook with their new rig.  They were a right laugh.

I’ve just broken off to have a laugh at three old couples reversing their rigs, how these people avoid accidents is beyond me.

We’re parked at Cliff Head North which is off Indian Ocean Drive,  south of Dongara and its 200 metres to the beach.  When we arrived, a cup of coffee ago, there were two other caravans here, one directly off the beach.  Now there are another two caravans and a motor home. 

Best not speak too loudly because there’s cliffs on two sides and conversations are clearly heard.

The three nights are Willowbrook were good for Steve.  He told me that as soon as he’d got everything set up and a beer in his hand his worries just disappeared.  We had geese coming to visit and there were a few little dogs running around.  We left Timmy at home with Jimmie because we wanted to go to the Pinnacles and dogs aren’t allowed.

In the Pinnacles there’s big signs saying no climbing and what do we see?  Foreign visitors standing on the tall ones having their photos taken.  I wanted to take my own photo of them and report them to the man at the gate but Steve wouldn’t let me.  I was a bit disappointed with the Pinnacles, I thought they’d be a stronger colour and more spread out but they’re interesting nevertheless.

We called in Cervantes and I had the most amazing  Garlic Battered Prawns.  10 of the beasties with chips and salad for $28.00.  Far better than Ciccerellos.

We had complimentary scones on Sunday at Willowbrook Farm and I took the Cystic Fibrosis stuff to try to raise awareness.  A couple of people bought pens and a guy gave a $10.00 donation so I gave him two wristbands.

My hips are going great, my feet are the size of footballs (AFL).  I have to get my shoes on early in the morning before they swell or I’m without shoes for the day.

We have photographs but they're on the camera and Steve forgot the lead to transfer them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment