Sunday 20 January 2013

Books and authors - Aleatha Romig and Maya Banks

I have heaps of books, mostly chick lit' but also crimes and thrillers.  I have to get rid of them.  I don't like lending them out because I'm always afraid they won't be looked after but since we've decided to sell they have to go.  They all look brand new but they've been read at least once by me and perhaps once by one other person.

I went off reading for a while but then so many people were talking about Fifty Shades of Grey that I thought I'd give it a go and mygod, I'm so glad I did because it set off my girly bits with a real vengeance.  Poor Steve was totally whacked because I couldn't get enough.  I honestly thought I had something wrong with me and I mentioned it to the pharmacist who said it had probably just triggered something and to be grateful (which I am, believe me).

Anyway, it lasted about four months and its settled down now, I'm over begging and just grateful when Steve is in the mood.  No more headaches for me although Steve has had quite a few recently.

I have to say that since reading Fifty Shades I've had my eyes opened and what annoys me is that my girls know more about what goes on in the bedroom than me (well they did but not since I've googled quite a lot of it).  They've never told me about this stuff and have years of ignorance.

I bought a Kindle a few years ago and it's great because I go onto the Amazon web site and look at the books I fancy and they can be downloaded within a couple of minutes.  I still go to the book stores to see what's in and make a note of them.  I have over 300 books on my second Kindle (I gave the first to Louisa because it wouldn't fit in my small bag).  I now read the Kindle through the day and the mini iPad in the evening because it has a back light where the Kindle doesn't.

Anyway, whilst trawling through Amazon I came across 'Consequences', followed by 'Truth' written by Aleatha Romig.     http://www.amazon.com/Aleatha-Romig/e/B009SYSSE4

I'm saying no more, other than I am desperately waiting for the final book called 'Convicted'.  Poor Steve has had so many shocks when I've exclaimed, 'Ohmygod I don't believe it!', and 'this is awful', and other such statements.  The suspense is killing me and whilst I converse with Althea through Facebook there is NO WAY that I want to know what happens in book 3.  I will probably taunt myself for a few days after I've downloaded it by not reading it straight away.  I think it'll be a soft cheese and biscuits time, on my own with no distractions.

One of the books I'm saving is 'Colter's Promise' by Maya Banks.   http://mayabanks.com
The 'Colter's books are about three brothers and the woman they share.  They're not smutty, just rather nice.  My eyes have been well and truly opened as I mentioned before.

These are only two of my favourite authors, There's a few more which I'll tell you about later, providing I get a few comments.

1 comment:

  1. Susie,
    if you belong to your local library, it may be possible to borrow books onto your ereader, free of cost, Through my local library, via internet, I can download up to 20 books at a time. They stay there for 3 weeks. it's great. Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment