Sunday 20 January 2013

Think I may have to change the name of the blog

While we're at home I've decided to treat this as a journal, it's good to sit here typing and getting everything off my chest (such as it is).  I have no idea who reads it because no one leaves a comment but I think it's quite liberating to dribble on and on and on............

Steve and I went to see Beth and Paige this morning in Princess Margaret Hospital.  We took a special tube that we have at home for when Paige is staying here.  She has to have supplement feeds which are high doses of fat to try and keep her weight steady.  A special machine is used which Beth has hired but she's hoping to buy her own, there's one on Gumtree for $600.00 and they're $1700 new. Beth forgot to take the tube and the nurse on duty last night had words with Beth saying that they couldn't keep giving out these tubes because they're expensive and if she already has one then it's a waste of tax payers money to hand out another!

Feeding peg 
We've paid our taxes and it really annoys me that the staff at PMH treat Beth as if she's a nobody but I'm not allowed to say anything or contact them although I did last time when Paige was in because one of the nurses came into the room to give her a dose of insulin.  She told Paige she was diabetic and fortunately she knows she isn't and told the nurse to check the file.  The nurse had picked up the wrong notes!  Honestly, it really doesn't bear thinking about.
The peg goes directly into her stomach
The tube goes from the syringe to the peg.
She looks to have a bit of a muffin top in this photo to the right!  We wish.

I'm going to be talking about books next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment