Wednesday 30 January 2013

Nearly off to Tasmania

The plan is to leave home on Friday morning.  Paige and Beth are coming home on HITH on Thursday afternoon.  We will be packing up the caravan on Thursday, leaving instructions for Beth and Jim about what to do when bills etc., come in.

Steve has made a vague plan of where he wants to stop along the way to Adelaide, then Melbourne before getting on the ferry.  I asked if we could go on the coast road rather than the Nullabor and he said that the Nullabor is indeed the coast road.  I thought it was inland a bit but then again geography was never my strong point.

My floppy foot is improving.  Today I went to the hairdressers and also my dentist, then to Officeworks and didn't have the brace on.  I did really well with my walking until I fell over a guy in Officeworks because I forgot to lift the foot higher than a normal person does.  Fortunately the guy caught me and I didn't actually bowl him over but it is a concern and I really don't feel 100% confident when I'm out.


 I no longer look like white trailer trash because my dentist has fixed my smile with the offending tooth on a dental plate.  I'm surprised at how natural it feels although she did say it was cosmetic only and if possible to remove it before eating.  I had it on the chair arm and Sienna tried picking it up because she thought it was Beth's!   And then, when Steve and I were motoring up to West Perth to see the orthopaedic surgeon I realised I didn't have it in my mouth.
Without

With
When I was at the hairdressers the gay guy who works there turned up and he was saying he'd had botox in various parts of his face, including his lips.  I asked him what it felt like to kiss botoxed lips and he said he didn't know so I told him to come over to me, pucker up and I'd tell him.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Because you've taken the time to read these words of wisdom please leave a comment